Original and Practical Recipes. Inexpensive, Quick and Healthy.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Turkey, Pesto, Provolone, Tomato Panini

I am very lucky to have a panini press at work.  If you don't have a panini press, toaster oven, or George Foreman Grill at your office - I think you should consider bringing one in.  I have found that I end up bringing lunch to work more often because I love having toasty warm homemade sandwiches.  This saves me lots of money, and is much healthier than going out for lunch.

This sandwich is one of my favorites.  Last Sunday I made a bunch to bring to work for lunch during the week.  Pesto is very flavorful and a little bit goes a long way.  This is a healthy and delicious lunch that I look forward to eating.

You will need:
Bread or a Tortilla
Low Fat Pesto
Sliced Turkey
Provolone Cheese (I used Reduced Fat)
Tomato

Step 1:
Assemble the sandwich leaving the tomato on the side.  Wrap up an bring to work.

Step 2:
Add the tomato to the sandwich and then toast it on a panini press or in a toaster oven until hot and browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment