Original and Practical Recipes. Inexpensive, Quick and Healthy.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Chicken, Cheddar and Mustard Sandwich

I have recently started having Peapod deliver my groceries to me on Saturday mornings.  I can't believe it took me this long.  I live in Chicago - in an area without any grocery stores nearby.  I don't have a car because I hate driving.  So I had been spending a couple hours every weekend traveling to a grocery store on foot or via public transportation, buying groceries and then either cabbing it or walking home.  I was only able to buy as much food as I can carry - so I would have to go to the store a few times a week.  Finally I realized how silly this is, and had Peapod come to my door with my groceries.  Getting those couple hours back on the weekend is great!  They have early delivery times - so the eggs arrive in time for breakfast.

Having a once a week grocery delivery forces me to be a little more organized.  I have to figure out what I want to eat for lunch during the week and add it to my order.  I have become obsessed with the bakery bread from Peapod - it is so delicious!  I have been making these sandwiches for lunch.  Today it is sliced turkey with mustard and cheddar.  Last week it was turkey with cheddar and avocado.  We have a toaster over at my office - which definitely makes my lunches better.  A toasty warm sandwich is the perfect lunch for a 41 degree day.

No comments:

Post a Comment