Original and Practical Recipes. Inexpensive, Quick and Healthy.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Jam and Brie Phyllo Cups

Last night I had a few friends over for dinner.  One of my best friends designed the save the dates for the wedding, and I offered to make him dinner as a thank you.  He requested that I make Chicken Diablo, which I have already written about.  I also made the Spinach Artichoke Dip that I wrote about last night, these Jam and Brie Phyllo Cups, and a Chocolate Pie which I will post about tomorrow.

Phyllo cups are a great ingredient to have on hand because they are so versatile.  Last weekend I used them to make breakfast, in the past I have used them for desserts, and they can be used to make a quick appetizer.  I first learned this recipe when I was working for a catering company, since then they have become a staple at Graham Family events.

The total preparation time for this appetizer is only 5 minutes, and it only requires three ingredients.  You can use whatever jam you have in your fridge.  Last night I used orange fig jam, but in the past I have used apricot and raspberry.


You will need:
Frozen Phyllo Cups
Brie
Jam (I used Orange Fig)

Step 1:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Step 2:
Dice the brie and place a cube of brie in each of the cups.  Then spoon about 1/2 a teaspoon of jam on top of the cheese.

Step 3:
Bake for 5-10 minutes.  The brie should be melted and the cups should be slightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment