Original and Practical Recipes. Inexpensive, Quick and Healthy.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Nutella Pancakes


I know, I pigged out over the holidays, and I am getting married in less than 6 months, and I should probably go on a diet.  But.... not yet, ok?  Instead I am eating Nutella Pancakes for breakfast.  I promise I will hit the treadmill later - right before I eat a Gibson's steak for dinner.  In all seriousness, I will kick off some healthy eating soon - I need to fit into my prom dress from high school for a party next month.

These pancakes were not healthy, but they were so delicious.  I will definitely be making them every once in a while.  I added 2 tablespoons of Nutella, the Nutella flavor was there but it wasn't overwhelming, which was my goal.  If you really want a chocolate pancake, try adding 3 tablespoons of Nutella.  These could also be served with whipped cream on top.

I will be changing this recipe into a cupcake recipe in the near future.

Total Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 2

You will need:
1/2 cup Flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Egg
1/3 cup Milk
2 tablespoon Nutella
1 teaspoon butter

For the frosting:
1 cup Confectioners Sugar
3 tablespoons 1/3 less fat Cream Cheese
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
3 tablespoons Milk

Step 1:
Whisk the flour, baking soda, egg, milk and nutella together.

Step 2:
Combine all the frosting ingredients.  Whisk together.  I heated the frosting for about 30 seconds in the microwave just to warm it up a little bit.  I just didn't want to put cold frosting on my pancakes.

Step 2:
Melt 1/2 teaspoon butter in a large skillet (or on a griddle) over medium heat.  Then pour the pancake batter in the skillet using about 2 -3 tablespoons of batter per pancake.  Once bubbles form on the surface of the pancake, flip them over.  Repeat until all the batter has been used.  Add more butter to the pan as needed.

Step 4:
Serve the pancakes hot with the frosting drizzled on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment