Original and Practical Recipes. Inexpensive, Quick and Healthy.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Bacon and Guacamole Grilled Cheese

Grilled cheese is the perfect comfort food for a cold Chicago night.  Pinterest recently inspired me to add guacamole to my grilled cheese.  Why didn't I think of that myself?  Guacamole and grilled cheese are foods that I love.  Then when I was preparing my grilled cheese, I saw turkey bacon in my fridge, and decided to add it in.  It was hearty and delicious, something I will certainly be making again.  This can be served as a meal, or as an appetizer.

You will need (for each):
Avocado
Lemon
Lime
Salt
Pepper
Butter
Bread
Cheddar Cheese (shredded or sliced)
2 slices of Turkey Bacon
Tomato (thinly sliced)

Step 1:
Scoop out the avocado.  Add lemon and lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste.

Step 2:
Crisp up the bacon in a skillet and set aside.

Step 3:
Preheat the boiler.  Butter the outside of 2 slices of bread.  Place the bread, butter side down, on a baking sheet.  Spread out a layer of cheese on each piece of bread.  Top with a couple slices of tomato.  Place under the broiler, keeping an eye on it.  The cheese should melt after a minute or two.

Step 4:
Remove the cheese covered bread from the oven.  Spread a layer of the guacamole on one of the slices.  Then add the turkey bacon on top.  Put the second slice of bread cheese side down on top of the bacon.

Step 5:
Return the sandwich to the oven.  Once the top has browned, flip the sandwich over and brown the other side.  Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment