Original and Practical Recipes. Inexpensive, Quick and Healthy.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Idaho Sunrise


This idea was given to me by my fantastic friend Jenn.  I am sure that by now my readers know that I love to make a nice breakfast on the weekends, and that I love potatoes.  So this recipe is perfect for me.  You can change this up to include whatever ingredients you like - this week I decided to keep it simple with cheddar cheese, bacon, and a little fat free sour cream.

This recipe involves scooping out a baked potato.  I strongly recommend using that potato to make potato pancakes or mashed potatoes.

Serves 1 (multiply as necessary)

You will need:
1 large potato (I used Russet - don't use Red- the skin is to thin)
2 eggs
2 tablespoons shredded cheddar
cooked crumbled bacon (I used Turkey Bacon)
a dollop of fat free sour cream

Step 1:
Either bake the potatoes the night before, or just bake it in the microwave.  The let it cool off for a few minutes.  Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Step 2:
Cut the top off the potato and scoop out some of the insides.  You are creating a potato bowl.

Step 3:
Then crack two eggs into the potato.  Then bake for 20 minutes.  Then top with the cheese and bacon and return to the oven for another 5 minutes.

Step 4:
Remove from oven and serve with a dollop of sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment