Original and Practical Recipes. Inexpensive, Quick and Healthy.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Spinach Dip

Every once in a while I host a girls night at my place.  Our weekends are always so busy, so I invite the girls to come over after work.  I prepare dishes that can be made the night before, so I don't have much to do when I get home from work.  This week I decided to make Spinach Dip, and Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese.  This recipe for Spinach Dip is loosely based off of a recipe I found on Cooking Light's website.  This dip could be served hot or cold, I decided to serve it hot.

You will need:
1 teaspoon Olive Oil
3 cloves of Garlic
1 package of Frozen Spinach, thawed and water squeezed out
1/2 cup fresh Basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Pepper
1/3 cup fat free Greek Yogurt
1/3 cup 1/3 fat cream cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan

Step 1:
Finely chop the basil.  Set aside.

Step 2:
Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.  Use a garlic press to crush the garlic, and then saute it in the oil for 1 minute.  Then add the spinach.  Saute until hot, about 3 minutes.

Step 3:
Add the basil, salt, pepper, yogurt, cream cheese, and Parmesan.  Stir and heat until warm.  Pour into a bowl and serve with bread or crackers.

Optional:  Pour into a baking dish, top with 1/4 cup panko and 3 tablespoons Parmesan and bake at 400 degrees until the crust browns.

No comments:

Post a Comment