Original and Practical Recipes. Inexpensive, Quick and Healthy.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Vegetable Risotto


Today I was at Whole Foods buying ingredients to make Guacamole, when I realized I hadn't even thought of what I was making for dinner.  So I wandered the aisles until I came up with a plan.  I decided to make a vegetable risotto because the produce at Whole Foods is so good.  I chose some of my favorite veggies and add in goat cheese to make the risotto creamy.

1 1/2 cups Arborio Rice
1 small Red Pepper
1 Zucchini
1 large Portabella Mushroom
1 large carton Chicken Broth
1/4 cup Parmesan
2 ounces Goat Cheese
2 tablespoons Butter
2 tablespoons White Wine











Step 1:
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a pot over medium heat.  Then add the risotto and stir.  Stir frequently until the risotto browns slightly.  Then add just enough chicken broth to just submerge the risotto.  Let simmer.

Step 2:
In a skillet melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat.  Mix in 2 tablespoons white wine, then add the red peppers, mushrooms, and zucchini.  Stir frequently until all of the liquid has been absorbed, and the vegetables have browned.

Step 4:
Once the risotto has absorbed the broth (it takes about 10 minutes), add more broth.  As in Step 2, add just enough broth so that the rice is completely submerged.  Stir to make sure that no rice sticks to the bottom of the pan.

Step 5:
Repeat Step 3.

Step 6:
Once the risotto has absorbed the third addition of broth, add more broth until the rice is submerged.  Stir.

Step 7:
Once most of the broth is absorbed stir in the vegetables, goat cheese, and parmesan.  Stir together.  Serve once the liquid has absorbed and the cheese has melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment