Original and Practical Recipes. Inexpensive, Quick and Healthy.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Turkey Avocado and Swiss Sandwich

A delicious homemade lunch brightens up my work day. Most recently I have been enjoying sliced turkey breast, reduced fat Swiss, and avocado on sourdough. It only takes a few minutes to prepare the night before, and it healthier than most takeout options. I make a couple sandwiches at a time, so my lunches are in the fridge and ready to go.

I am lucky to have a panini press at work! Hot melted sandwiches are the best!

You will need:
Sliced Turkey
Reduced Fat Sliced Swiss Cheese
Avocado
Bread

Step 1:
The night before assemble the sandwich, but leave out the avocado.

Step 2:
Add sliced avocado just before heating or eating. This prevents that avocado from browning. I just bring an avocado with me to work. I use half an avocado per sandwich. Save the half with the pit for the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment