Original and Practical Recipes. Inexpensive, Quick and Healthy.

Monday, December 19, 2011

Chicken and Goat Cheese Mac and Cheese



My friends are very enthusiastic about Mac and Cheese Monday and very kindly come over to help me eat it.  This week's Mac and Cheese is inspired by my attempt to empty my fridge before I head to Maine for Christmas.  I bought way too much goat cheese when I made the Turkey Bacon Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese, and I baked far more chicken than I needed for the Cranberry Chicken Salad.  So I decided to use up all of these ingredients in a Mac and Cheese.

You will need:
3 cups of Pasta, I used Medium Shells
2 cups Milk, I used 1%
3 tablespoons Flour
1 cup Goat Cheese
1/4 cup Sharp Cheddar
1/4 cup Parmesan
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 cup cooked Chicken, diced

Step 1:
Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box.  Drain and set aside.

Step 2:
Pour the milk into a large pot and heat over medium heat.  Whisk in the flour and bring to a boil.  Let boil for 1 minute stirring constantly.

Step 3:
Add the goat cheese, cheddar, parmesan and salt.  Stir until melted.

Step 4:
Add the chicken and pasta to the sauce.  Stir together over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until the pasta and the chicken are hot.  Then serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment