Original and Practical Recipes. Inexpensive, Quick and Healthy.

Friday, December 2, 2011

Veggie Pizza

Pizza is a really quick meal to make for dinner.  It can also be a lot of fun.  I always search my fridge for any possible toppings and then make a few different types of pizza.  You can find good fresh dough at Trader Joes and Whole Foods.  Last night I made two different types of pizza, one with a red sauce and one with pesto.  I always have some low fat pesto in my fridge.

Step 1:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.  Then dust with flour.  Stretch the pizza dough out on the baking sheet.

Step 2:
Top the pizza with your favorite toppings.  The toppings I used are listed below.

Pizza with Marinara Sauce

You will need:
Fresh Pizza Dough
Marinara Sauce (I used the leftover from Monday)
Mozzarella (I used Low Fat)
Spinach
Fresh Sliced Tomatoes

Pesto Pizza

You will need:
Fresh Pizza Dough
Reduced Fat Pesto
Mozzarella
Fresh Sliced Tomatoes
Ricotta Cheese
Artichokes
Caramelized Onions





Step 3:
Bake the pizza for 15 minutes.  Then turn the boiler on for a minute or two until the crust and cheese browns.

No comments:

Post a Comment