Original and Practical Recipes. Inexpensive, Quick and Healthy.

Monday, December 5, 2011

Mac and Cheese Mondays!

When I asked my friends for inspiration, my friend Wolf requested a healthier Macaroni and Cheese Recipe.  Then in discussing this with more friends, they came up with several more Mac and Cheese related suggestions.  At first I thought I would have a Mac and Cheese week on Kittchen.  I quickly realized that was a bad idea because I do not want to eat Mac and Cheese for a week straight.  In case you were wondering, this blog usually reflects what I have eatten that day - I do not have a reserve of recipes and photos.  After thinking this Mac and Cheese idea out, I have decided to create Mac and Cheese Mondays.  For the next several Mondays I will be posting recipes relating to America's best comfort food.  Here is a list of some of the variations on the dish I will be making and posting.  Any suggestions are welcome!
 
Classic Cheddar Mac and Cheese
Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
Italian Mac and Cheese
Chicken and Broccoli Mac and Cheese
Mac and Cheese Pizza (inspired by Ian's Pizza in Chicago)
Spicy Mac and Cheese (inspired by Dinosaur BBQ in New York)
Spinach and Artichoke Mac and Cheese
Bacon Mac and Cheese
Mac and Cheese Bites

The first step in this Mac and Cheese madness is to determine what a "healthier" Mac and Cheese is.  In order to determine how much fat is in traditional Mac and Cheese I turned to Betty Crocker.  Betty's recipe has a whopping 34 grams of fat per serving.  My goal is to cut the amount of fat in half in my recipes.  In some cases that may not be possible, but I will do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment